Basic show notes for this episode
Key takeaway: Show, don't tell.
Know the platform inside & out
- To sell yourself, you must show knowledge in what you are selling.
- If you’re selling design and development, you need to show (not tell) this knowledge when you are pitching leads.
- Show them other websites that are at your quality level of design.
- Explain why this design works, why they should consider these principles.
- If you’re selling development explain why your Webflow build it going to give them success with the platform.
- The easiest way to sell Webflow is to have a follow up solution to every limitation there is.
- Anytime someone challenges Webflow’s limitations, and you have a solution on the spot, their doubts start to go away.
Selling the features
- Pitch them on an epic on boarding experience that will give them the power to manage their website.
- Explain the value of their hosting platform
- Build excitement about the simplicity of design updates